This is the original post:
And here are my answers —I’m not skipping any.
- What small gesture from a stranger made a big impact on you?
You mean good gesture, I believe, a random act of kindness, I assume, and of course and luckily I’ve experienced some of them, but honestly I don’t remember any in particular, so I assume none made a big impact on me.
Big impact is made by the bad gestures, and these don’t use to be random and they usually come from no strangers. I remember the first time I got used by a friend, wretchedly used as an object in a small situation. Role models are fine, but anti-role ones are definitely needed.
- If you had a clock that would countdown to any one event of your choosing, what event would you want it to count down?
My son’s come of age.
- What are three of the most significant numbers in your life?
I’m puzzled here… Am I supposed to have significant numbers in my life? Well, yeah. Two I know: 1966, 2002. The other one is yet to come and a little bit annoying…
- Which of your personality traits has been the most useful?
I have a quick eye for bullshit and little patience with it —that’s been useful to me.
I can see through most of people (not all), know how they’re feeling and why, why they’re acting out the way they are, for reasons that are obvious to me but hidden to them —that’s been useful to them, without knowing.
- Imagine you have a closet full of robots at the ready. Which of your various obligations would you assign to a robot? Which tasks and activities would you keep to yourself, because you enjoy them too much to delegate them to even a robot who is better than you?
Assign: do the shopping, do the cooking, clear the table, clean the windows, drive the car
Keep: drive the motorbike, do the chores other than the damned windows (but not by the because), file my files.
- What is the best measurement of how an idea is absorbed into culture?
The way it’s misunderstood, misapplied, grossly abused and put to serve spurious ends.
- Do you think you’re undervalued as a person? If so, why?
No, I don’t think so. But I lack the virtue, when done well, of selling your own achievements. If I understand them as that at all.
- Why are some people so addictive?
So addictive, what do you mean? Perfidiously addictive, like narcissists with a pound of psychopathy, or respectable leaders of whatever ideology that want you to feel part of a something larger than your miserable egotistic self by surrendering it to them, in flesh and blood and money and spirit? Harmlessly addictive, because they’re bright and deep and broad in their knowledge, or good, or funny, or calmed and silent and have no urge of directing you? Stupidly addictive, where the stupid is you because you know you’re wasting your time there but won’t go?
C’mon Lama, be more precise…
- What color best describes your personality?
This one’s easy for the last one —blue.